English Pewter Coaster (Set of 4)

Round pewter coasters with high-polish finish and protective felt back. High quality pewter consisting of 92% tin. Comes in a set of four. Handmade in Sheffield, England since 1949. (more info)

Notify me when in stock SOLD OUT

Notify me when back in stock

  • English Pewter Coaster (Set of 4) - Kaufmann Mercantile1
  • English Pewter Coaster (Set of 4) - Kaufmann Mercantile2
  • English Pewter Coaster (Set of 4) - Kaufmann Mercantile3
  • English Pewter Coaster (Set of 4) - Kaufmann Mercantile4
English Pewter Coaster (Set of 4) - Kaufmann Mercantile

Elevate your beverage by placing it upon this gleaming, brightly polished pewter coaster—it is nothing short of a spotlight for your hot toddy or bourbon neat. With a soft felt back, the coaster protects your furniture not only from the moisture in your drink, but from scratches on delicate surfaces.

Handmade from English pewter, which holds itself to enforced standards set out by the European Committee for Standardization, the coasters are 92% tin, a metal that is an essential trace mineral. The malleability of tin requires the production of pewter to include other metals, such as bismuth, antimony or copper, though, in order to be properly called pewter, tin values must reach at least 85%. 

Use & Care

Hand wash with soap and hot water, then dry with a soft cloth. Do not place in dishwasher.

Pewter will keep its shine with minimal maintenance. It doesn't tarnish like silver, but if it does start to dull, rub it with a bit of standard metal polish using straight line strokes (not circular).

Production & Design

Arthur Richard Wentworth founded his pewter company in 1949 in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England. A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the bronze age and preceded glass, porcelain and plastic as the household material of choice.

These coasters contain a minimum of 92% tin. Due to the malleability of tin, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony.


3.6 inches diameter (9 cm)
Lead-free pewter

Made in
  • USA
  • Free shipping in the USA for orders $150+
  • $8.95 flat-rate for orders $35 - $150.
  • $4.95 flat-rate for orders under $35.
  • $29 flat-rate 2nd day for all US orders.
  • 90 days on all unused items.
  • Free return shipping in the US.
  • NY & NC.
  • Kaufmann Mercantile has partnered with BorderFree to offer shipping around the world. During checkout BorderFree will estimate charges for shipping, customs, and duties as applicable depending on the destination for your order. We currently offer the below attractive flat shipping rates with minimum orders.

  • Shipping-chart
  • Click here to read our terms and conditions.



See New Products &
Read New Blog Articles


Get a $7 Gift Card
When You Sign Up

We will never share your information and you can unsubscribe at any time.


International Shipping

Kaufmann Mercantile now ships worldwide

Kaufmann Mercantile offers international shopping in your preferred currency –
even if it doesn't match the currency of your shipping destination. Your order total
is guaranteed at the exchange rate when your order is placed.

Borderfree is our global e-commerce partner. While Borderfree handles
your international order and transaction, Kaufmann Mercantile
directly handles all your customer service needs.

or ship to the U.S.