Hammered Pewter Pocket Flask (3 oz.)

Airtight, screw-top pewter flask with unique hand-hammered, high-polish finish. Holds 3 oz. of liquid. Slim design for compact storage and simple pocket carry. Handmade in Sheffield, England, since 1949. (more info)

$49.00
Notify me when in stock SOLD OUT
x

Notify me when back in stock

  • Hammered Pewter Pocket Flask (3 oz.) - Kaufmann Mercantile1
  • Hammered Pewter Pocket Flask (3 oz.) - Kaufmann Mercantile2
  • Hammered Pewter Pocket Flask (3 oz.) - Kaufmann Mercantile3
Hammered Pewter Pocket Flask (3 oz.) - Kaufmann Mercantile

The slim, streamlined profile of this flask—less than one inch thick—allows for discrete and compact storage in a sport coat or pants pocket. When the flask is in hand, however, discretion goes out the window with its unique, hand-hammered and brightly polished surface.

Handmade from English pewter, which meet the requirements set out by the European Committee for Standardization, this flask is 92% tin, a metal that is an essential trace mineral. The malleability of tin requires the production of pewter to include other metals, such as bismuth, antimony or copper, though, in order to be properly called pewter, tin values must reach at least 85%. 

Use & Care

Fill the flask using a funnel or a steady hand. Hand wash with soap and hot water, then dry with a soft cloth. Do not put it in dishwasher.

Pewter will keep its shine with minimal maintenance. It doesn't tarnish like silver, but if it does start to dull, rub with a bit of standard metal polish using line strokes (not circular).

Production & Design

Arthur Richard Wentworth founded his pewter company in 1949 in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England. A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the Bronze Age and preceded glass, porcelain and plastic as the household material of choice. While fewer dinner plates are made of pewter now, it is still the classic material of flasks.

This hammered flask contains a minimum of 92% tin. Tin doesn't oxidize in air easily (it is often used as an anti-corrosive coating for other metals), and is favored for food and drink because of its low toxicity. Due to the malleability of tin, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony. 

Specifications

Dimensions
4.8 inches long x 2.3 inches wide x 0.8 inches thick
(12 cm x 5.8 cm x 2 cm)

Holds 3 oz. of liquid

Materials
Lead-free pewter

Made in
U.K.
x
  • USA
  • Free shipping in the USA for orders $150+
  • $8.95 flat-rate for orders $35 - $150.
  • $4.95 flat-rate for orders under $35.
  • $29 flat-rate 2nd day for all US orders.
  • RETURNS
  • 90 days on all unused items.
  • Free return shipping in the US.
  • TAXES
  • NY & NC.
  • INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
  • Kaufmann Mercantile has partnered with BorderFree to offer shipping around the world. During checkout BorderFree will estimate charges for shipping, customs, and duties as applicable depending on the destination for your order. We currently offer the below attractive flat shipping rates with minimum orders.

  • Shipping-chart
  • Click here to read our terms and conditions.
x

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER

Newsletter-products

See New Products &
Read New Blog Articles

Newsletter-gift-cards

Get a $7 Gift Card
When You Sign Up

We will never share your information and you can unsubscribe at any time.

x

International Shipping

Kaufmann Mercantile now ships worldwide

Kaufmann Mercantile offers international shopping in your preferred currency –
even if it doesn't match the currency of your shipping destination. Your order total
is guaranteed at the exchange rate when your order is placed.

Borderfree is our global e-commerce partner. While Borderfree handles
your international order and transaction, Kaufmann Mercantile
directly handles all your customer service needs.

or ship to the U.S.