Handmade Round Pewter Flask (4 oz.)

Airtight, screw-top round pewter flask with bright polished finish. Holds 4 oz. of liquid. Slim design, with a profile under an inch, allows for easy carry and compact storage. Handmade in Sheffield, England, since 1949. (more info)

$39.00
*
ADD TO CART
  • Handmade Round Pewter Flask (4 oz.) - Kaufmann Mercantile1
  • Handmade Round Pewter Flask (4 oz.) - Kaufmann Mercantile2
  • Handmade Round Pewter Flask (4 oz.) - Kaufmann Mercantile3
Handmade Round Pewter Flask (4 oz.) - Kaufmann Mercantile

The slim, streamlined profile of this flask—less than one inch thick—allows for simple carry, discretion and compact storage in a sport coat or pants pocket. When the flask is in hand, however, discretion goes out the window with its gleaming, polished finish.

Handmade from English pewter, which meets the requirements set out by the European Committee for Standardization, this round flask is 92% tin, a metal that is an essential trace mineral. The malleability of tin requires the production of pewter to include other metals, such as bismuth, antimony or copper, though, in order to be properly called pewter, tin values must reach at least 85%. 

Use & Care

Fill the flask using a funnel or a steady hand. Hand wash with soap and hot water, then dry with a soft cloth. Don't put it in the dishwasher.

Pewter will keep its shine with minimal maintenance. It doesn't tarnish like silver, but if it does start to dull, rub it with a bit of standard metal polish using straight line strokes (not circular).

Production & Design

Arthur Richard Wentworth founded his pewter company in 1949 in the traditional steel-producing city of Sheffield, England. A metal alloy, pewter has been around since the Bronze Age and preceded glass, porcelain and plastic as the household material of choice.

This flask contains a minimum of 92% tin. Due to the malleability of tin, the remaining 8% of pewter is a mix of hardening metals, mostly copper and antimony. 

Specifications

Dimensions
3.6 inches diameter x 0.7 inches thick 
(9 cm x 1.8 cm)

Holds 4 oz. of liquid

Materials
Lead-free pewter

Made in
U.K.
x
  • USA
  • Free shipping in the USA for orders $150+
  • $8.95 flat-rate for orders $35 - $150.
  • $4.95 flat-rate for orders under $35.
  • $29 flat-rate 2nd day for all US orders.
  • RETURNS
  • 90 days on all unused items.
  • Free return shipping in the US.
  • TAXES
  • NY & NC.
  • INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
  • Kaufmann Mercantile has partnered with BorderFree to offer shipping around the world. During checkout BorderFree will estimate charges for shipping, customs, and duties as applicable depending on the destination for your order. We currently offer the below attractive flat shipping rates with minimum orders.

  • Shipping-chart
  • Click here to read our terms and conditions.
x

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER

Newsletter-products

See New Products &
Read New Blog Articles

Newsletter-gift-cards

Get a $7 Gift Card
When You Sign Up

We will never share your information and you can unsubscribe at any time.

x

International Shipping

Kaufmann Mercantile now ships worldwide

Kaufmann Mercantile offers international shopping in your preferred currency –
even if it doesn't match the currency of your shipping destination. Your order total
is guaranteed at the exchange rate when your order is placed.

Borderfree is our global e-commerce partner. While Borderfree handles
your international order and transaction, Kaufmann Mercantile
directly handles all your customer service needs.

or ship to the U.S.